WANTED – Gallery Manager – November 2023
Since 1982, PCCA has been building community through the arts, and seeks to re-imagine creativity in our rural landscape.
PCCA Connects our Rural Community Through the Arts. We do this through Four Programs: Arts in Education, Creative Programs, Artist Engagement at PCCA Gallery, and Landis House.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The PCCA Gallery Manager is responsible for the overall daily operations, sales, and coordination of gallery programs. The Gallery Manager will work with the staff team to help grow and improve sales and operations, support our Artist Members, and develop our Gallery Volunteer Team. The Gallery Manager will play a vital role on the PCCA staff team, sharing information on the program and giving input on strategic planning, events, programming, and vision. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants not just a job, but also an opportunity to improve the quality of life in our community, while working in a fun and creatively rewarding environment.
PCCA intends to invest in the professional development of this position so that the Gallery Manager can grow and develop as the program grows.
This position is a full-time job with a 37–40-hour work week, regular Saturday hours and occasional evening events.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and will work frequently with the Gallery Committee and focus groups.
Gallery Manager Responsibilities
• Oversight of daily PCCA Gallery operations, policies, and procedures
• Manage operations: customer service, cash and inventory management, art exchanges, artist appointments
• Supervision of Gallery staff and volunteer team, with exception of performance discipline and review
• Supplies ordering oversight
• Achieve sales driven goals
• Financial and membership reporting
• Oversight of annual physical inventory
• Locate, identify and develop potential artist members
• Artist Development education programming
• Curation of Gallery exhibitions and special events/promotions
• Creation of Gallery Volunteer Team
• Market the gallery by using social media, e-marketing, print collateral and web platforms
• Initiate and manage calendar of artist appointments, activities, programs, and events
• Gather information and work to interpret data necessary for financial reporting and program evaluation
• Monitor, record and collect pertinent data for grant writing, reporting, and marketing
• Monitor program-related expenditures
• Maintain related files and records of all inventory and financial activity
• Provide monthly reports to the Gallery Committee
• All other duties assigned
• Sales and retail management
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
• Professional fiscal management of daily handling of money
• Comfortable with different social media platforms
• Comfortable with POS systems, Square preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and projects effectively without close supervision
• Valid driver’s license and able to drive to PCCA Gallery for operating hours and events.
• Passionate about working for a nonprofit and a strong commitment to our mission and vision
• An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
• Ability to develop trusting relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Detail-oriented and organized, with a creative eye for display and merchandising
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
• Comfortable using Microsoft Word/Excel
• Ability to walk, stand, climb a short ladder, reach to hang artwork and lift up to 20 pounds, with or without accommodation
• Weekday availability, with regular weekend and occasional evening availability
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Love of continuous learning
• Collaborate with PCCA staff in making key strategic decisions affecting PCCA’s future
• Engage in professional development
• Participate in strategic staff meetings
• Attend and support major PCCA and community events, and contribute to strengthening our deep roots in the community
Our Hiring Process & Timeline:
PCCA is an equal opportunity employer. We will be accepting resumes until the position is filled.
Interested applicants send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation and Benefits:
• This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week with a variable schedule. Salary range will be between $25,000 to $30,000 a year depending upon experience when hired with potential bonuses when sales goals are met.
• Paid time off is accrued dependent upon status and time worked, after a 90-day probationary period. Holiday time off will also be accrued per the Personnel Policy after the 90-day probationary period. Mileage and expenses may be reimbursed per the Personnel Policy.