Gallery/Gift Shop Assistant
Perry County Council of the Arts (PCCA) is seeking a Gallery Assistant to staff its downtown Newport, PA location. PCCA operates a 150-member art gallery with an online presence and representation at local businesses through a touring art program. The Gallery Assistant must represent PCCA professionally and possess a genuine interest in fostering creativity and the appreciation of all art forms.
The mission of Perry County Council of the Arts is to build community through the arts.
The ideal candidate for this 16-24 hour per week position must:
· Be enthusiastic, outgoing and sales-oriented
· Be a quick learner, flexible and a self-motivator
· Possess excellent communication skills
· Possess proficiency in various computer applications (Microsoft Office, Point of Sale software)
· Be detail-oriented regarding inventory and cash management
· Be able to lift 40 lbs.
Experience in the following will be beneficial:
· Knowledge about various art forms
· Background in sales, marketing or retail management
· Merchandising or creating displays
· Product photography and photo editing
· Social media
· Maintain responsibility for opening/closing procedures at PCCA Gallery
· Greet customers and engage in sales
· Make customers aware of the Gallery Wish List, PCCA membership, and upcoming events
· Assist with inventory processing and merchandising
· Regularly update, freshen, and clean displays and common spaces in the Gallery
· Staff the gallery during special events such as evening artist receptions and community celebrations
· Assume additional Gallery tasks as needed
· Maintain traveling art exhibit at local businesses (requires access to a vehicle)
· Report directly to the Gallery Manager and attend bi-weekly staff meetings
· Other duties as assigned by the Gallery Manager
This is a part-time position of 16-24 hours per week. This position requires a 90-day probation period. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
Perry County Council of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Interested candidates may submit their resume, employment application and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.