Administrative Assistant – October 2021
Perry County Council of the Arts (PCCA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its awesome staff team! PCCA is a non-profit arts organization whose mission is to build community through the arts through the administration of four core programs that include PCCA Gallery, Landis House, Arts in Education and Community Programs.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include supporting PCCA’s operations at our Landis House location, general office administration, customer service, and assisting with record keeping, outreach and setup needs for scheduled programming.
Other duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Offer onsite support to maintain visitor hours at Landis House,
- Monitor incoming mail and email,
- Coordinate outgoing mailings and assist with correspondence,
- Answer telephone,
- Operate office equipment,
- Order and maintain adequate office supplies,
- Maintain knowledge of PCCA programs to assist staff team and public,
- Organize information for classes, events, databases, resources, archives, manuals,
- Entry collection for PCCA’s Poetic Excellence Awards, scholarship program, exhibitions, and Youth Art Day,
- Prepare materials and onsite space for events, exhibits, and classes,
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and engagement,
- Administer surveys to all parties to gather program feedback and data,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate should possess:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once,
- Strong analytical writing skills and oral communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people,
- Desire to educate the community about creative opportunities and initiatives,
- Ability to work as a member of a team,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity and willingness to utilize social media,
This is a 30 hours per week position. This position requires a 90-day probation period. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends based on scheduled programs. Travel to events will be required within a 50-mile area of our headquarters in Newport, PA with mileage reimbursement.
Perry County Council of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Interested candidates may submit their resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com.