WANTED – Administrative Assistant – July 2022
Perry County Council of the Arts (PCCA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its awesome staff team! PCCA is a non-profit arts organization whose mission is to build community through the arts through the administration of four core programs that include PCCA Gallery artist engagement, Landis House, Arts in Education and Community Programs.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include supporting PCCA’s onsite operations, general office administration, customer service, and assisting with record keeping, outreach, public announcements and communications.
Other duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain knowledge of PCCA programs to assist staff team and public,
- Monitor incoming mail, email, and phone calls,
- Offer onsite support at Landis House, PCCA Gallery, and some offsite events,
- Operate office equipment including copier/scanner,
- Order and maintain adequate supplies,
- Organize information for classes, events, databases, resources, archives, manuals,
- Maintain event listings on social media and website,
- Coordinate outgoing correspondence including mail, email, newsletters and press releases,
- Collect submissions for exhibitions, contests, scholarships, camps and other,
- Assist with preparation of materials and onsite/virtual space for events, exhibits, and classes,
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and engagement,
- Administer surveys to all parties to gather program feedback and data,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidate should possess:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once,
- Strong analytical writing skills and oral communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people,
- Desire to educate the community about creative opportunities and initiatives,
- Ability to work as a member of a team,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Familiarity and willingness to utilize social media,
- Digital media experience.
This is a 35-40 hours per week position. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends based on scheduled programs. Travel to events will be required within a 50-mile area of our headquarters in Newport, PA with mileage reimbursement.
Perry County Council of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please send completed application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org