Program Coordinator – July 2021
Perry County Council of the Arts (PCCA) is seeking a Program Coordinator to nurture relationships with community members including schools, businesses, non-profit groups, and creatives by using effective outreach while developing new and existing arts and cultural programming for Perry County. Responsibilities may include tracking community issues, assessing current needs of residents, and working with community members to increase engagement in the arts. A willingness to increase citizen engagement, strong written and verbal communication, and a creative approach to problem-solving are all essential parts of this position.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for building relationships with volunteers and local community partners to create new and nurture an existing, robust schedule of arts and cultural programming. They will perform job duties in a positive, helpful manner and share information about arts and cultural programming to enhance the public’s access to experiencing creativity in our rural setting. Communicate in a way that demonstrates and promotes collaboration, cooperation, problem solving and interpersonal skills to foster a positive work environment, teamwork, and productivity.
Other duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and implement arts and cultural programming to meet the needs of PCCA and the larger community,
- Facilitate focus groups to gauge community needs and desires for creative programming,
- Administer surveys to all parties to gather program feedback and data,
- Manage annual contests including outreach, entry collection and event planning for PCCA’s Poetic Excellence Awards, scholarship program, exhibitions, and Youth Art Day,
- Oversee regular community programming including early childhood programs, summer art camp, open mic events, classes, performance series, and clubs, and
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and engagement.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate should possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people,
- Strong analytical writing skills and oral communication skills,
- Desire to educate the community about creative opportunities and initiatives,
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once,
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team,
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage conflict,
- Ability to think and plan strategically,
- Ability to plan and operate within a budget,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and
- Familiarity and willingness to utilize social media.
This is a part-time position of 24-32 hours per week. This position requires a 90-day probation period. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends based on the availability of community members. Travel to members and events will be required within a 50 mile area of our headquarters in Newport, PA.
Perry County Council of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Interested candidates may submit their resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.