Students in grades 1-6 can take part in an artistic week of fun to keep their minds active and the creative juices flowing during summer break! Art campers will enjoy five consecutive afternoons of writing with Lynne Reeder, digital photography with Shannon Beaston, music and movement with Lara Vracarich, visual art with Ally Kaufell, and theater with Rebecca Covert.
Landis House, 67 N. 4th Street, Newport
Monday, July 20 through Friday, July 24 is for students entering 1st through 3rd grades. Students may participate in either the AM Session, 9-11:30 a.m. , OR the PM Session, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Class size is limited to 10 students per session. The class space will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in accordance with CDC and PA Department of Health guidelines both before the start of class each day, and in between sessions.
Monday, July 27 through Friday, July 31 is for students entering 4th through 6th grades. Students will attend from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and will need to bring a lunch from home. Class size is limited to 10 students. The class space will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in accordance with CDC and PA Department of Health guidelines before the start of class each day.
Full refunds will be issued if cancellation becomes necessary due to recommendations from the PA Department of Health or the Office of the Governor.
Please rest assured, the safety of our community is of the utmost importance, which is why PCCA is committed to following the CDC and PA Department of Health recommendations in regards to social distancing and sanitation. Specifically:
- Class size will be limited to 10 students per session.
- Students may only attend if they live in a yellow or green county.
- The class space will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized both before the start of class each day, and in between sessions.
- Instructors, volunteers and any PCCA staff members interacting with students will be required to wear masks.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks. Please bring your own.
- Hand sanitizer and sinks for hand washing will be available and used periodically, specifically at the start, finish and when someone leaves or enters the meeting space.
- All students and adults in attendance should be healthy with no obvious symptoms.
- Attendance lists with contact information of all present adults and students will be retained by PCCA staff indefinitely, in case contact tracing is needed.
PCCA reserves the right to make any changes, updates or decisions as the situation develops, and more information becomes available. We are committed to operate in compliance with recommended regulations from both state and federal health agencies.
To sign up online, complete both the payment and the Registration Form below.
If paying by check, please mail your check to PCCA, Attn: Summer Art Camp, PO Box 354, Newport, PA 17074, and include the name of the Summer Art Camp participant(s) it should be applied to.
If paying by PayPal, please use the drop-down box below.
Thanks to the generosity of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities/Perry County Community Foundation, we are able to offer reduced registration rates for 2020! No further discounts apply.
Summer Art Camp is made possible by The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and The Foundation for Enhancing Communities/Perry County Community Foundation.